(As of May 30th, 2017)
Under the policies of the United Church of Canada, a minister who has worked at least 5 years in a single pastoral charge is entitled to 3 months paid Sabbatical leave. Rev. Lori Megley-Best will have been with us 6 years as of August 1, 2017 and she submitted a request for Sabbatical in May of 2016. Rev. Lori will be away from June 1 to September 10, including one week of holidays. The Sabbatical Planning team has been working to provide a plan for covering Lori's ministerial duties while she is gone.
The following plan has been received by our Council:
- Rev Mary Nichol is providing worship coverage and emergency pastoral care during the month of June.
- Worship Services in June:
June 4 – CUC: Rev. Mary Nichol, all ages, Pentecost / HUC: Rev. Gabrielle Suedlfeld
June 11 – CUC and HUC: Rev. Mary Nichol
June 18 – CUC and HUC: Rev. Mary Nichol, Outdoor Worship and Picnic
June 25 – CUC: Music Sunday, led by choir / HUC: contact Sam McDowell
- Six lay preachers from our congregation are being trained by Rev. Joan McMurtry. They will each preach once during July and August and the remaining services will be conducted by professional pulpit supply.
- Rev. Joan McMurtry will be retained for 3 hours a week from July 1 to August 13 to cover ministerial duties, including supervision of summer Children’s church, support to Susie and emergency pastoral care. She plans to be in the office on Thursdays.
- Rev. Kathryn Ransdell will take over from Rev. Joan from August 14 to Sept 9. She plans to be in the office on Wednesdays.
We look to forward to a summer of a variety of church services and continuing our Christian journey together.If you have any concerns, please contact CUC M&P Co-Chairs; Terry Wright or Terrie Chute.